I’ve heard of groups of artists who commit to a painting a day and thought it was an interesting concept. There is an artist named Carol Marine who just published a book on the subject, Daily Painting.
The possible benefits to my painting?
- No time to second guess myself, make a decision and move forward
- Plan thirty compositions on the fly
- Use the painting tools with a higher skill level, one stroke instead of eight
- Get to the essence of what I have to say in paint
O.K., where do I sign up? At Leslie’s challenge site. It’s kind of fun because a map shows me places around the world where other artist’s have signed on.
What else? Go through photos I’ve been holding onto because I felt they had merit and choose 30 subjects, ( some, not subjects I usually paint), next prepare 30, 8″ x 8″ panels to paint on, ( just an arbitrary size I decided on).
- Post the paintings here every few days
- Post them to my gallery space on Daily Paintworks –
- Post them on the challenge site–
It’s not to late for you to join too…..